Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Irrational First Time Parent

So I decided to share this story despite my better judgement...... Joe passed his hearing test with flying colors at the hospital, so Mike and I did not worry too much until we got home and started getting deliveries at the house. Dexter has a habit of barking very loud when someone comes to the door- and his bark will scare ANYONE away!!!!

We got a wonderful cookie bouquet delivered from the Michigan Republican Party and Dexter went nuts when the guy was standing at the door. Well, Joe did not even budge with all the barking and commotion so Mike and I started to worry that something was wrong with his hearing. I got so worked up that I could hardly wait to get to the doctor the next morning.

Of course our wonderful pediatrician was very attentive to my irrational question as I asked about this issue and if we should worry that Joe was not hearing Dexter bark. Then he chuckled and explained that the hearing test is very accurate and that we should be counting our blessings as new parents since Joe was just used to hearing the barking and it was a good thing that he slept through the commotion.

Moral of the story- No question is too irrational for a doctor (So he told us!) but for any new parent reading this- don't work yourself into a panic if your little one sleeps through lots of noise- just be happy! :-)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hi DeShones! I'm regularly peeking at your blog and Joe is CUTE! Love the pics and "irrational" parent story :) (ah, hardly irrational)